Well today is last minute pack the bike day! New tyres fitted and Celeste has been properly stuffed!
I've crammed in my cycling clothes, shimano shoes and rather large helmet, for added protection during flight.
The bike bag cost £35 off eBay and has done the job on four previous flights so fingers crossed for this one. Flying with a bike on easyjet costs and extra £30 or so and its best to lie about weight at the check in.
I've also packed a track pump and basic tools and spare tubes etc.
Two cycle shirts, bib shorts, bib longs, base layer, gloves, arm warmers, head camera,Garmin GPS, are all coming for the ride. Previous outings on the Karpaz have proven windy and cold at times, hence I've also got overshoes just in case. Hopefully I won't need them as the weather warms up for spring/early summer.
This trip needs to be musical to so I'm taking my Takamine guitar along to inflict suffering on others. It's a very expensive guitar so have prayed for serene, peaceful baggage handlers.
Getting a ride to Gatwick at 4 am ..deep joy...so just got to finish up a few last minute domestic disasters and jump on the plane!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.