Thursday, 3 April 2014

Welcome caesur

The plane landed bang on time and my prayers for careful baggage handlers were answered, guitar and bike both arrived undamaged and remarkably on the right flight. The drive to Caesar resort iskelle was about an hour due to a hold up at the border into the trnc. The appartment was clean and tidy and felt like a home from home. I unpacked the bike grabbed the guitar and went down to the pool and met friends. I was uber tired after a sleepless 24 hrs but jamming and singing was such fun. We discovered that the indoor pool area has an amazing reverb which just fattens up a guitar tone and vocal perfectly! So I sat in a drained Jacuzzi and played guitar in.a swimming pool, ate dinner, caught up with a friend and just forgot about my tiredness. There is no WiFi in the room yet, but hopefully the cafe WiFi will be strong enough tomorrow.
Cyprus isn't as green as it was last year, the island has had no rain.this winter.
I was told about a village where in the war here in the 70's their was a terrible massacre of young kids in their classrooms. There is some kind of info centre so I may ride there sometime and take a look.
So all in all a good, if long day one. The eagle has landed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.